This version of the API is obsolete. For the latest version, please visit reverse-whois-api.whoisxmlapi.com
Reverse Whois API is used to search for domain records based on particular search terms(s). A query can be created with search terms such as name, email, phone, address, etc. that are usually part of Whois record. Query result will be returned with all the domain records that correspond with the search terms used.
- Discover all domain names associated with an individual or an organization.
- Find connections between various domains, individuals and organizations.
- Get Current as well as Historic Reverse Whois data.
- You may search by specific attributes in the Domain Whois Records. For example, search by registrant email/ registrant name.
- Your search term can be an exact match or fuzzy match. For example, you may search for any registrant name that start with the term "John", or search for any registrant email address that contains the term "xyz".
- Search results can be filtered based on registration date or expiration date. For example, if you want records only within the last year, you can do that.
- All of the Whois information is well parsed and normalized to a consistent format for easy integration with your business processes.
- The query results, with both parsed fields and raw texts, are returned in popular XML & JSON format.
- Real-time Whois data, ensures that only the most up to date and accurate information is delivered.
- Cyber Security researchers use Reverse Whois API for investigating & curbing cybercrime.
- Cyber Security and anti-malware solutions use Reverse Whois API to detect spam, malicious websites, intrusions, and other online misbehaviors.
- Payment processors and banks use Reverse Whois API to detect transaction fraud.
- Brand agents use Reverse Whois data to protect their intellectual property and check potential trademark infringements through searches to scope domain name similarities, duplicates, or copycats.
- Law enforcement agencies use Reverse Whois API to identify all of the connected domains, websites and IP addresses associated with fraudulent activities and criminals.
- Website owners and managers use Reverse Whois API to identify new business and partnership opportunities and to locate potential buyers through the contact details provided in the Whois database.
These are some of the use cases of Reverse Whois API. Besides these, of course, innumerable industries and companies use Reverse Whois API for their particular business needs.